five lessons of the week

Well, happy April friends. I am so glad that this week is over... I had a three day weekend last weekend and it is so hard to get back into the grove of a work week after that. That and I have been stressed to the max and work hasn't been pleasant to say the least, but I did learn a few things this week.

*Picture has nothing to do with the post, except that I love wine and the picture exhibits my happiness*

1. The whole being a parent to an ADHD child is going to be harder than I thought.
Yeah, you read that right... the diagnosis finally came in and Lil Man was diagnosed with ADHD (but not Aspergers; as of yet) last week and well, the journey has not started out as smooth as I thought it would. We decided to medicate Lil Man, but after going through a battle (which I will explain in a separate post), I have yet to even have the medicine in my house, and he has yet to even start anything... With everything going on, Lil Man is starting to alternate between having screaming fits when he doesn’t get what he wants, and crying when he can’t go somewhere. All of which is typical of a child with ADHD. I am trying to have patience with everything, but it’s so hard and stressful because I know he didn’t ask for any of this; and neither did I.

2. Facebook groups are great for community & post promotion
Anne, from Love the Here and Now blog, had wrote a post about the benefits of blogger Facebook groups, and she was so right about them. I joined two a few weeks ago, but hadn’t really started post promotion until this week, and I must say- I have never gotten so many views or comments on my posts. I love that I can also ask a question, as well as promote my posts, and I will get a response in a few minutes. 

3. Simple gestures mean the most
On Tuesday, the hubby brought me home flowers. They were unexpected and for no reason what so ever. He said that he asked Lil Man if he wanted to get me flowers, he said yes, and picked them out. I felt special. And then I smiled. 


4. Is Freelance writing the next step?
I have been writing on this little piece of the interwebs for over two years now, and I have been wondering what is my next step; and I've been thinking a lot about doing some freelance writing. I applied to The Mix, which is Hearst's (Cosmo, Glamour, ect) contributor network. I have always had an interest in writing, and maybe it's time to put my head into the game and make some money. I have also been thinking about doing a giveaway. I have had alot of new followers lately, and I want to thank them for coming along on this journey with me.

5. My decorating skills really need some work
I was in Target this week and fell in love with their setup… it had a modern, yet retro feeling and made me think of a college apartment. Ugh… I really need Target to come decorate my house. 



In case you missed it:
Spring Fashion Trends: Loves & Loathes
Disappointing Beauty Products

**Cheers to the weekend and Diary of a Real Housewife, the high five for Friday gals, the oh, hey Friday gals, Momfessionals & gang, Meet @ the Barre,the Friday blog hop, Love the Here and Now, Eat Pray Run DC, & the Five on Friday gals

How was your week?

Always say yes to the wine.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from my readers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...