talking about insecurities (a vlog)

The Golden Vlog is a monthly vlog linkup that gives bloggers a chance to be vloggers for the day and talk about different things. This month, Faith and the other co-hosts decided to shake things up a bit and talk about something serious.... insecurities. 

Everyone has insecurities... whether it be their weight... hair... feet... lack of education... etc. But they hardly ever talk about them. Why? Because talking about a struggle leaves you vulnerable and raw. And well, it's not just something that comes up in a conversation between two friends and their pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks. It's something that is hid behind closed doors because the shame that it somewhat associated with it.

So today, with the help of Faith from Life with Mrs G & the Artist & friends, I am opening up about my biggest insecurity. I pride myself with giving you all of me here. With giving you the good with the bad. And today... it's the bad.

The questions I will be answering are:

  • What is your biggest insecurity?
  • How long have you struggled with it?
  • Do friends and family know about this insecurity?
  • What do you do to overcome it?
  • What advice would you give your younger self or anyone else struggling with their own insecurities? 



Granted what I talk about in the video- my insecurity with my weight- is my biggest insecurity, but I do have others... like the fact that I have a master's degree in Criminal Justice and feel like I know nothing (an over exaggeration) about the Criminal Justice system.... like I feel like a crap parent sometimes because my kids refuses to listen 80% of the time... like I'm insecure in the fact that I really don't have any friends that I can get together with and go for a pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks (my bestie lives by Washington D.C.)... like I feel like I'm not good enough... like I feel if I open up and show people 100% of me that they will reject me (I'm weird...)... like I feel insecure in blogging.

Ok, that's enough for today...

Stop on over and go support the other gals who are struggling with insecurities! xo


Life w/ Mrs G & the Artist

 photo jenna-sue-new-signature_zpsevkylyn6.png

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from my readers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...