two years of blogging

*Disclaimer: this post was drafted the day before vacation at 5am, while listening to Youtube, because I couldn't sleep and Lil Man was sleeping. I apologize in advance for song lyrics/references. Just go with it. 

Well Happy Friday friends, and Guess what?
Today is this little blog's 2nd birthday!!!

Sheesh, I can't believe that TODAY is actually my two year anniversary of blogging. 

I guess I proved that this whole blogging this really wasn't a drive by... that I would be there for you (somewhat)... sorry, I'm currently listening to Train. But, really. I never thought that I would actually continue this whole thing. Especially make it to two years, and still not have a clue as to what I'm doing. Although, In the past two years, I have learned a few things. 


one \\ as much as you don't want to admit it, blogging will consume you

Maybe it's just me, but just like FUN, some nights I can't sleep because a post is on my mind. Some nights, I want to quit and some nights, I'm scared you will forget me. I'm still not sure what I stand for, but I do know that I have a voice and really need to stop listening to Youtube while I write out posts. But truthfully- how does that dude get his voice so high?

I digress. 

Basically what I'm trying to get to this: blogging is more than a few times a month hobby. It consumes your whole being, and ever thing you start doing identifies with being a blogger. From using hashtags, to making bloggy friends, to turning to Insta for fashion advice, to spending all your time on Youtube (me right now... Thrift shop this time... hum... maybe I need to stop at Goodwill), to buying things because they will look awesome in your DIY stock photography,  to wearing yoga pants and drink PSL's because it's cool, to having three boards dedicated to blogging on Pinterest, to shamless plugs. Blogging consumes and it is accepted with open arms. 

two \\ juts like any other hobby, blogging does include spending money

As much as bloggers hate to admit, blogging does take some spending money. Props, planners, sponsorships, PSL's, the latest craze... it all costs money. And it's money that you are willing to spend. Key word: WILLING.

three \\ blogging is about community

I love the community that blogging has brought me. I have made friends and connected with people that have similar interests. It's kinda like Facebook, but without all the bitching and annoying fake friends. Blogging is about supporting each other. It's about friendship. 

I love that I talk to my bloggy friends more than I talk to my real life friends. #friendfail In all seriousness- I love how I can ask for help or bounce ideas off another blogger and they are so willing to help. It makes me feel good and all warm and fuzzy inside (feel good... feel good... feel good... I love Gorillaz).

four \\ blogging takes work

Sure blogging can be fun, but it also takes work. You get out what you put in. You have to set aside time for drafting posts, taking pictures, and replying to comments. You need to be active to gain readership and you need to care about what you are doing. 

five \\ Blogger + Canva + Picmonkey = BFF

I can't even begin to explain my love for Picmonkey and Canva. They are the best things ever, especially since I have yet to learn the whole point of Photoshop (other than editing skills). But Photobucket on the other hand... no love there. One blogger once compared photobucket to a teenage girl with raging hormones. I think that's an accurate description. 


I can guarantee you that I have learned more than five things about blogging, but today really isn't about me... It's about saying happy birthday to the place that I have bared my soul to, the place that I have cried over, the place I have lost sleep over, and the place that I love...





 photo jenna-sue-new-signature_zpsevkylyn6.png

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from my readers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...