tour through blogland

If you're a blogger, I'm sure you have seen the Tour through Blogland posts...

If not, basically it's kinda like the Liebster and Pretty Little Blog awards- the main thing is recognition and getting to know the blogger. But the Tour around Blogland post is focused on the blog, instead of the blogger. There isn't seven random facts to share, or questions to ask, or seven different blogger with less than 200 followers to nominate... you answer four questions about your blog and introduce your readers to two to three other bloggers you admire and love. And then they do the same thing.


1 | What am I working on now? 
Material wise, I have yet to find my "niche" but, I am sorta leaning towards beauty/lifestyle... I have "best of beauty", cold weather essentials, and some a-z favorites posts coming up. I am planning a big giveaway for my Birthday in December.

Design wise, I am working on finishing my blog design- yes everything you see is all me. I still need to change my side bar titles, add a "pin it" button, and other miscellaneous things. I am also hoping to add sponsorship/advertising options by the beginning of the year.

2 | How does my work differ from others in it's genre?
Blogging is all the same... the difference is the blogger behind the blog. I write from the heart. If something is weighing on my mind, I pick up my computer and hash it out. If I need some advice, I ask on my Facebook page. If I come across an awesome product, I share it on my Insta acct. I am also an Etsy shop owner who designs blogger wine glasses. Because we all know that alcohol and blogging are besties.

3 | Why do I write/create what I do?
Simple answer: I write because I want to. I explained why I write in this post, and I explained the things I will NEVER blog about here.

In my Etsy shop, I create hand painted wine glasses and jewelry because I have nothing better to do. Ha! No, because I love it. I love taking some time when my son goes to bed and creating something beautiful and personal.

4 | How does my writing/creating process work?
Writing process? Um... truthfully, I really don't have a clue as to how my process works. I have a notebook full of ideas, that I carry around with me at all times. I write down the slightest thing that peaks my interest. I sometimes use the Blogger App when I want to write out more than just an idea or couple of sentences.

Here are your next stops on the tour:
I am so excited that these ladies decided to participate in this tour! I asked quite a few, hoping to get at least one, but alas four ladies told me that they hadn't participated yet, and would love to! I love each and every one of their blogs for one simple reason... they are unique. Each has their own niche and each one is as sweet as ever! Yes, I have interacted with all of them... I am not just picking from a hat :)




First up is Emily from ember grey. I am sponsoring Emily this month because I love that she writes about her life's adventures and ALWAYS has a happy outlook on her everyday life. Each Monday she hosts a grateful heart link up, where you blog about all the things in your life that you're thankful and grateful for. It provides a way to connect with other bloggers and of course, you get more exposure. Emily is the sweetest girl I have ever known! I have been going through a tough time with the hubby's surgery this past week, and in every e-mail I've received, she always tells me that she is thinking of me and my family. 







Next is Joely from Fashion Beyond Forty. I "met" Joely through a Birchbox facebook group, and she is too darn sweet! She blogs about fashion (duh!), beauty & product reviews, happiness, and so much more. I really love her confidence! 






Next stop is Nikki from make.up.HER. I first "met" Nikki when I had been paired with her last Christmas for a gift swap, and found out that she only lives like an hour away from me. Talk about a possible blate set up! Nikki is a girly girl who's lifestyle blog is about makeup reviews, hair tutorials, and life in general ( I love seeing pictures of her huge family!). 






Last, but certainly not least, is Rachael from The Rachael Way. Rachael is currently living out her dream teaching in China, and she writes about her adventures. Rachael is shy and sometimes awkward, but blogging allows her to open up and become a truly awesome person! I even gave her one of the wine glasses out of my Etsy Shop to review because she is a blogging unicorn! Oh, btw, she has been blogging for a bit over three years, so yeah, she knows a thing or two :) ps. you can see her wine glass here





Go visit my friends and come back to tell me what you thought!

 photo alis-hand-signature_zpse86ed880.png
Twitter :: Pinterest :: Bloglovin :: Instagram :: Facebook

6 comments

  1. I love reading these and see how we each work differently! Looking forward to seeing your sponsorship options! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT...... you designed your blog?! Kudos to you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady, I am super impressed at your blog designing skills! It looks great. One of these days I'm going to learn HTML. I also have to say that I love how neat and tidy your desk is! Mine looks like that about 2 days out of the week and then the rest of the week it's cluttered with papers and usually coffee mugs haha! I am SO excited to take part in this, thank you for thinking of me, passing the torch, and for the incredibly sweet words you shared :) I'm excited to continue to get to know you better this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answers! It seems like a lot of bloggers (myself included) have notebooks we keep with us at all times. I can't wait to see what Emily comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for nominating me, I'm excited to write this! :D I love that you designed your blog! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so incredibly impressed with your design--it looks incredible! I love jotting down little notes, etc. when I feel inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from my readers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...