beauty review | Studio Gear CC Cream


I love trying out new beauty products, and one of the nice perks about being a blogger is getting a chance to try out some of those beauty products for free. When Brandbacker advertised that they were teaming up with Studio Gear to give bloggers a chance to try out their new  hydrating CC cream, I was ecstatic. I love BB and CC creams, almost more that I love my EOS lip balm. So, I applied and to my amazement, I was actually chosen to try out a sample and give an honest opinion.

Disclaimer: The following opinions are all my own, but I was compensated with a free sample.

I have talked about the difference between drugstore and retail brands of makeup on the blog a little bit, and to clarify, Studio Gear is a retail brand. You can buy the brand online, or at places like Ulta and Sephora, and before now, I personally had never tried Studio Gear, nor had the interest to.
A little background on Studio Gear:
Founded by industry veterans Steve Rohr and John Avolio, Studio Gear Cosmetics is a prestigious cosmetics brand featuring a full collection of professional makeup brushes, revolutionizing complexion formulas, and a wide selection of color products for the eyes, cheeks, and lips. Since 1996, Studio Gear has been on set at hundreds of professional photo shoots, in the beauty departments of Bloomingdales, Macy's, Dillard's, HSN and ULTA, and also in the everyday woman's makeup bag. This is a line created true to the concept that every woman deserves professional, high quality cosmetics at a reasonable price.

Studio Gear gave bloggers a choice between three colors: linen, medium, and wheat; and I choose the linen (due to my fair skin). When it first arrived, I seriously couldn’t believe my eyes. They didn’t send me a sample, they sent me a whole tube! I seriously couldn’t believe my eyes, and couldn’t wait to try it out. So, when I woke up in the morning, I washed my face and did just that.


The first thing that I noticed was the fact that the cream didn’t really have any color, which wasn’t anything I haven’t seen before. It did feel a little bit thick, and smelt like sunscreen, but once I started putting it on my face and blending it in, both of the qualities soon went away.


>> The picture on the left is no makeup, just washed face, and my hair had been in a braid from the night before (no, I didn't even brush my teeth) <<
>> The picture on the right is only the CC cream, mascara, and eye shadow <<

I loved the way Studio Gear's Hydrating CC cream covered up all of my imperfections, hydrated my skin until I took it off that night, and didn't feel greasy at all. It was also super nice that I was able to only use three makeup items to look presentable (which is nice when you're a mom!). I could see myself using it daily, and feel that it's definitely worth the $34 dollar price tag!

And guess what? Studio Gear is giving all of my readers a special 10% off discount on their website! Just use code bloggercc
 photo new-signature-pink_zps78895c3b.png

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from my readers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...