Body Peace?


I was at work earlier today, drinking my Starbucks, taking Instagram pictures, surfing Facebook, you know, the norm. Shhh... don't tell anyone. Ha! Just kidding, I was on break. Anyways, I came across this post on Facebook about a girl who took a picture of herself in a bra and underwear, and wrote a nice little note to all her haters. Ok, so what's the catch? She was a bigger girl, and if you read the comments on the photo, they are either happy or hateful. (Here's a link to the original post)
The post really got me thinking. Why is it ok for a skinny girl with ribs showing to take a picture in her bikini and everyone likes it, but it's not ok for a bigger girl with some extra chub and stretch marks to do the same? Why do plus size girls get such a bad rap? Where the hell are all of the plus size models? Why the hell are there only a few plus size stores? AND when the hell did a size 14 become plus size?

I ask these questions because they always say that the normal size is size like 12 or 14, but all of the models are like a size 2. AKA Calling Barbie... No, I'm kidding, but I don't even think that my friggin thigh would fit into their jeans. And I don't dare walk into Abercrombie & Fitch or Hollister.
It seems as if society is giving us girls a complex, and I hate it. I don't work out (I seriously don't have the time), I have stretch marks from my pregnancy, I have some extra chub bub, I seriously have a pancake ass, rather large boobs, and many other flaws, but I am me, and I am ok with that. Sure, I want to fix things, but it's all cosmetic, and below the neck. BUT according to societies picture of the ideal woman, I am ugly, and fat, and apparently I should just go kill myself. No, not really, but it's almost an accurate description of how 'bigger' women feel.
Why are people so mean? Why do we make fun of each other? Why do we tear each other down? Why? Why? Why?

But, this is nothing new. We all know that. Celebrities do it too. And NOONE is shielded from the agony of felling like you are worthless, because you have curves. Even the incredible Marilyn Monroe was criticized for her voluptuous figure.

And then just look at J Law over there ---------------->

Granted, that girl's got her head on straight, but this is a flippin epidemic!
With a society full of d-bags, for lack of a better term, how is a woman supposed to have body peace? How is a woman supposed to love herself?
Will I ever have body peace? I am going to refrain from answering that question, since it's a loaded gun...
Now, I am not hating on the skinny girls of the world, but I am saying that us bigger girls, have a place too. We should not be made fun of. We should not be bullied. We should not have to shop at a damn 'plus size' store.
Women come in all shapes and sizes and colors, and we should all be treated as equals.
Thank you. Rant over.
btw... I found the J Law pic on Pinterest, so I'm pretty sure that if you browse my "quotes" board, you will find the source.

2 comments

  1. "Women come in all shapes and sizes and colors, and we should all be treated as equals." You hit the nail on the head. Healthy comes in many forms and healthy is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from my readers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...