Ten Favorite Things- Thanksgiving Style

In the true spirit of Thanksgiving, everyone on Facebook is posting what they are thankful everyday. I just don't have the time for that, plus I don't want to status update everyday (yeah, I said it).


BUT... Even though I seriously do have a love for naps, I wanted to do something with being thankful and all that jazz.

So, while browsing my favorite blogs, I found this cute lil linky over at Endlessly Beloved. Every month Brianna does a "ten favorite things" link up on various topics. These link ups are usually done on the First Monday of the month, and in my true procrastination tendencies, I am late... BUT!!! This month's theme is ten things you're thankful for.

Huh, that's exactly what I was looking for... Enjoy!



One... I am thankful for my family.
Sure, it's always the #1 thing on everyone's list, but there is a reason: no matter what your situation, family will always be there for you (well, in most cases).
Two... I am thankful for my lil man.
I felt like I was on a downward spiral before I found out I was pregnant with him, but as soon as I found out that it wasn't just me anymore, everything JUST got better. He has taught me patience (and tried that patience over and over), how to see the world from a different point of view, and the value of true love. I seriously love the kid.
Three... I am thankful for the friends that stayed, and the new friends that I have made, cause without them, I would feel like the one person who wasn't invited to the party.
When I married my hubbsters, it seemed like a lot of my friends dropped of the face of the earth, and when I found out I was pregnant four months later, and couldn't drink anymore, the rest left. (I hear it's a typical scenario) But, one friend, my best friend, did stay. She had become pregnant about a year before, and I had did the same thing to her, so she could identify. Our relationship grew stronger, and she was a big help. The other side... I have made another great friend, since becoming a Mom. Our first meeting was a play date, and things have just progressed from there. I am super thankful for her, especially cause my bestie had just moved like 20 hours away.
Four... I am thankful for my job.
I seriously love my job. I work at a 501(c)(3) non-profit and supervise supervised visitations between a noncustodial parent and their child/ children. Sure, it's not a good situation to be in, but when they are in the visits, it's pure joy. Sure, I read all of the background on the parents and what not, but I am so surprised when during that two hours, there is no sign of anything bad. There is just laughing and smiling, and happiness.
Five... I am thankful for my education.
After eight years in college, I graduated in May 2012, and in March of this year, I decided to pursue my Master's of Criminal Justice. I love really like my program, and even though it's a lot of work, I feel like I am earning my degree. Which is super different than my undergrad.
Six... I am thankful for Pink Moscato.
Yes, I just said that I am thankful for a wine. Don't judge. If you have ever tried a really good pink moscato, then you know what I am talking about.
Seven... I am thankful for Target.
Clothes, shoes, jewelry, baby stuff, super awesome clearance. Enough said.
Eight... I am thankful for Disney Junior.
I can put on almost any show on Disney Junior for lil man, and I instantly have thirty minutes to myself, to do laundry, dishes, basically whatever my lil heart desires.
Nine... I am thankful for Dr. Pepper.
I seriously have an addiction, and need to be in DPAA: Dr. Pepper Addicts Anonymous.
Ten... I am thankful for you.
Last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for you, my readers who read my nonsense ramblings. THANK YOU!!!
I had to add (Yes, I have an issue with conformity):
Eleven...
While browsing Pinterest, I saw this, and thought to myself, well, that certainly does make sense. It's such a simple thing, that is usually overlooked, but I am thankful for each and everyday that I am able to wake up and spend being thankful for all of the above things!

4 comments

  1. PINK MOSCATO!!! Yes yes yes! Thank you so much for linking up! I love everything about this list! I'm following you now, and I can't wait to read more! I hope you're back next month!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. it's not 20, it's 13. 2. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the link up, I am always thankful for a good nap! I just had my first Target experience a week ago and I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I'm stopping by from the link-up! :) "I don't want to status update every day." LOVE it! And that ecard couldn't be more spot-on if it tried. Naps are the bomb dot com... I'm already planning mine for tomorrow. Not even ashamed. Love your list. Target really is the happiest place on earth. It's awesome that you work for a non-profit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from my readers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...